A great job should give you what you give to it!
At Qubiz, we believe that people do their best work when they feel that the entire company cares about their well-being. That's why we've created an environment where you're valued and supported in achieving your career goals. It's what we call the sweet spot between comfy and challenging. From ambitious projects and personal career development to flexible work options, cozy offices, and health programs, our commitment to our team's well-being enables us to deliver amazingly high performance.
Most companies like to stick their nose in their people’s business and middle managers love micromanagement. But that’s not how we do business. Quite the opposite, we tend to work best with critical thinkers who don’t need step-by-step guidance. In fact, proactivity is one of the most sought-after qualities in Qubiz. So, feel free to take the initiative, suggest better solutions, and disagree if you have arguments to back up your idea. We also see communication and leadership skills as the bedrock of this role. It also helps, if you are interested in software (and self) development. 🙂
About the role
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing computer hardware such as servers, desktop computers, printers, and other devices;
- Level 1 helpdesk support;
- Maintaining network security by monitoring security threats and vulnerabilities, and recommending solutions to mitigate risk;
- Installing, configuring, and testing new network hardware and software;
- Coordinating with IT staff to plan new network installations or upgrades of existing networks;
- Troubleshooting basic network problems by testing network components for malfunctions or defects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware;
- Preventive maintenance of the conference rooms;
- Operate the access card control system;
- Respond to after-hours network emergencies when necessary (power outages or security alerts);
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot network issues;
- Assist in the development and implementation of network policies and procedure Required Skills and Qualifications;
- Good understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP);
- Assist in the research and evaluation of new network technologies;
- Maintain documentation of network design, configurations, and procedures;
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures;
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Driver's license;
- Fluency in English;
- Good communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience with cloud-based networking (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.);
- Experience with scripting languages (Python etc.);
- Installing and configuring Linux operating systems;
- Experience with docker containers.
What is in it for you?
- Real responsibilities and interesting tasks;
- Friendly environment;
- Real help in your professional and personal development;
- Private health insurance;
- Meal vouchers;
- Discount for gym or sports pass of your choice;
- Attractive salary.
Qubiz is one of the hottest tech companies from Western Romania that delivers custom-tailored IT solutions for growing companies from Western Europe. Our solutions range from enterprise software applications and business intelligence solutions to web and mobile applications. We’re proud of the work we do, we love our colleagues, and we enjoy our lively and comfy offices.